October 14, 2021
Although time physically spent with your child may have been limited, your life was changed forever. "Moving on" isn't possible. It is a part of who you are now. Finding ways honor your child can help you grieve their death, and remember who they were.
If you have experienced pregnancy loss or infant death, we hope that some of these ideas of ways to honor may be of comfort to you. Do what feels best for you and your family. There is no right or wrong way to honor your child.
- Make or buy personalized jewelry with the child's name or initials.
- Celebrate their birthday or due date.
- Make space in your home for your child's special things.
- Plant a tree or garden.
- Incorporate your child into family pictures by holding a stuffed animal or framed photo.
- Tell your story. Keep a blog or journal, and write from the heart. You can keep private if you do not wish to share with others.
- Donate to a local charity in your child's memory or become involved with helping others in similar situations.
Links to additional resources are below.