Good Grief is the only independent non-profit in Northwest Ohio that focuses on supporting grieving children, teens and families.
Our Programs are Free
A gift to Good Grief of Northwest Ohio, Inc. helps ensure free access to grief support for children and teens.
By never charging a fee, Good Grief is available to all families and can be a supportive resource when no others exist.
- $10 per month ($120 per year) provides art supplies for children to express their grief and honor the person in their life that died.
- A gift of $75 ($900 per year) helps underwrite the cost of intake and orientation for one child.
- A gift of $150 ($1,500 per year) provides nutritious snacks for one month of program nights.
- A gift of $1,500 pays for one child or teen and their adult caregiver to attend peer support groups for one year.
Join Our Monthly Giving Program
A monthly gift means steady funding that helps us cover the cost of:
- Daily operations: the heart of all our programming.
- Program materials: to help children express grief and honor the memory of their loved one.
- Volunteer program: recruiting and training volunteers to facilitate the support groups.
- School-based groups: continue to provide support in Toledo Public, Washington Local, and Sylvania Public school districts
We Are 100% Privately Funded
Good Grief relies on gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and community organizations to keep our doors open and our services free of charge. We receive no federal funding or reimbursements from health insurance.
Your secure, on-line contribution is the most efficient way for us to receive donations and put them right to work.
Support Good Grief Every Time You Shop
Please consider using these retailers to help support our mission by selecting us as your designated charity.
To register with Kroger Reward Program, visit www.krogercommunityrewards.com or ask at the Customer Service Desk the next time you are there.
To register with Amazon Smile, go to https://smile.amazon.com/ A percentage of all your Amazon purchases go directly to Good Grief.
Take Advantage of Corporate Matching Programs
Many employers will match your personal charitable contributions. It’s an easy way to double (or even triple!) the impact of your donation to Good Grief. Ask your employer about a matching gift program, or let us research it for you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and noting your employer.
Tribute or Memorial Gift
A gift to Good Grief is a wonderful way to honor and celebrate a special person or occasions like an anniversary, birthday or other significant moments. Please indicate who or what your gift is commemorating; and if you'd like to send a notification of your gift to someone, please provide their name and address.
Third-Party Fundraising Ideas
A great way for churches, schools, and civic groups to give back to the community!
Here are a few ideas for fundraisers. Let us know what you're planning and when and we'll be happy to help!
- Bake Sales
- Benefit Concert
- Bottle/Can Drives
- Car Wash
- Change Jar Challenges
- Collections Boxes
- Cycling Challenge
- Denim Day
- Dress Down Days
- Facebook Fundraising
- Pancake Breakfast
- Tailgate Party
- Yard Sale
Planned giving is a thoughtful way of ensuring that Good Grief will continue to support future generations of grieving families. Creating a bequest intention or gifting retirement fund assets supports the mission of Good Grief and may offer tax advantages. We encourage you to consult a financial advisor to learn more about planned giving to charitable organizations.
Donate your Time! Check out our Volunteer Opportunities!
All Good Grief's children support groups are facilitated by trained volunteers. If you would like to learn more about what's involved and how you can help, please get in touch!
Questions? Call: 419.360.4939
Good Grief of Northwest Ohio, Inc.
440 S. Reynolds Road, Suite D
Toledo, Ohio 43615