November 08, 2021
Children's Grief Awareness Day is November 18th. A day to EDUCATE the community about grieving children. A day to EQUIP peers and adults to support grieving children. A day to HONOR these children and their loved ones who have died.
In addition to wearing BLUE on the 18th, here are other ways you can participate in observing CGAD and let grieving kids know they're not alone!
- Create a virtual butterfly for the Illuminating HOPE Butterfly Garden.
- Pledge to tell three people about Children's Grief Awareness Day.
- Hold on to HOPE and share your support using #childgriefday #childrengrieve #goodgriefnwo #CGAD2021
- Involve your business or school and make a Wall of HOPE by writing messages of support or names of loved ones on paper butterflies and hearts.
- Educate yourself and others about childhood grief.
- Participate in our virtual Community Breakfast event the week of November 15th - and share our content with your friends!
Grieving kids don't just "get over it." They need support - more support and for a longer time than most people assume.
Join us in showing support for the grieving children in our community by wearing blue on November 18th!
For more ideas and activities, visit the Children's Grief Awareness Day website.